Monday, March 7, 2011

New Auxiliary Bishop for the Archdiocese of Indianapolis - Bishop Coyne

I was thankful to attend the ordination of Bishop Christopher Coyne on Wednesday March 2nd. I have attended a number of bishop ordinations in the past, including the ordination of our own Bishop Timothy Doherty last July. Each time I am present, I am encouraged in my own vocation and remember my own ordination to the Holy Priesthood. The sacred rites and seeing so many people present to support the candidate all add to the enjoyment of such a wonderful event. In particular, a bishop's ordination usually will bring more bishops to the event, so it was great to see our own Bishop Timothy Doherty and our own Bishop Emeritus William Higi in attendance. I was also pleasantly surprised to see Cardinal Sean O'Malley, of the Archdiocese of Boston, along with the other Indiana bishops. It was also great to see Bishop Paul Etienne, bishop of Cheyenne, because I had the privilege of attending his ordination in Cheyenne not too long ago. Archbishop Buechlein did a wonderful job presiding at the ordination and he definitely has a great new bishop to assist him with his duties as archbishop. I was also pleasantly surprised, along with some other priests from our own diocese, to sit in the very front row for the ordination. That was not planned by the way, but maybe a little reminder from God that I always need to be mindful of the gift He has given me in my vocation in the Church and to always pray for our bishops. Below is a website link which includes other links to stories, pictures, a video and link to Bishop Christopher Coyne's blog. Enjoy!

http://www.archindy.org/auxiliary/

No comments:

Post a Comment