Wednesday, August 25, 2010

FATHER JOSHUA’S BLOG - God is Near - Reflections of a Diocesan Priest

January 29, 2010 was a good day in the life of this diocesan priest. It was that very day that I carried through with the encouragement of Pope Benedict XVI. He had shared in an address he made at the 43rd World Communications Day for priests to utilize the resources that are available to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ. His words were right to the point: "To my dear brother priests, then, I renew the invitation to make astute use of the unique possibilities offered by modern communications. May the Lord make all of you enthusiastic heralds of the Gospel in the new “agorà” which the current media are opening up."

I had some experience with websites in my college years at Anderson University (1994-1998). But, how would I make time to get this type of project done and work at keeping things on it current? Well, I made time and I have done my best to keep things relevant and hopeful. The great hope I do have in this project is the truth that "God is Near." 

The decision to create a website (www.fatherjoshua.com) was difficult enough, but then I have attempted to create a blog which really is another entire project. I have made attempts to blog at least on a monthly basis, but think it necessary to be more consistent and regular. So, I recently created the Blog entitled: God is Near - Reflections of a Diocesan Priest. I am pretty excited for this blog to share reflections, homilies, talks and other things to keep the truth out there in cyberspace and to remind people of the fact that "God is Near" to His people. There is enough garbage on the world wide web as it is, and some encouraging words will hopefully bring more people to again realize that "God is Near" when they are on their computers, which seems to be most people nowadays. 

Please visit God is Near - Reflections of a Diocesan Priest when you have time, and I will do my very best to keep things interesting and hopeful for you and those you love. I will also post some blog entries from my former blog that I had originally had through my website www.fatherjoshua.com

God bless you and keep you...

Father Joshua

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere! Once you get into a habit of putting up posts on a regular basis you will be surprised how easy it becomes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Valerie. God bless you! :) Fr. Joshua

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fr. Joshua, you're off to a great start. God bless you and your latest ministry.
    Pax,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for doing this. I plan to check in often!
    God bless!
    V

    ReplyDelete