Thursday, August 26, 2010

Carmel Serra Club

Here below is a letter of invitation I shared with the members of my parish's Knights of Columbus Council. I hope some of them are able to attend tonight. I will work harder on getting the word out earlier. :)

Blessed Junipero Serra (1713-1784)


Dear Knights,

Father Joshua Janko here... how are you all doing?  Anyway, at the last Knights meeting, I talked to you briefly about the Vocation of the Permanent Diaconate. I know that there has been a permanent deacon at this parish in the past (Dcn. Pat Gallagher). I was blessed to work in my last parish assignment with another incredible deacon - Deacon Steve Miller. Maybe, just maybe, God is calling one or two of YOU to the permanent diaconate. God knows WHO! :)

Anyway, tonight (and I apologize for such short notice) the Carmel Serra Club has a monthly meeting that I want to invite you to attend. The meeting will begin at 6:30pm with dinner and then Deacon Steve Miller will talk to us at 7:00pm about the Permanent Diaconate. He is always inspiring in his talks and homilies. Please consider coming out for the meeting. Your wives are invited as well as the Serra Club is for men and women.

The meeting will be at the MCL Cafeteria in Carmel. The address is 

1390 Keystone Way
Carmel, IN 46032-3235

I am the chaplain for the Carmel Serra Club and firmly believe in its purpose: 

Serra International is a global organization of Catholic laymen and laywomen. Our mission and ministry is to foster and promote vocations through prayer, awareness, affirmation and support.

Also, if you would like to learn a little more about the Serra Club, please visit our website: http://www.serracarmel.org/

God bless you and thank you for all that you do for our parish family...


Fr. Joshua Janko

1 comment:

  1. The Serra Club meeting went very well tonight. Thanks to all who attended. Deacon Steve Miller shared a wonderful presentation on the Vocation of the Permanent Diaconate. It was a good night with a total of 19 people in attendance. Keep up the great work Carmel Serra Club!

    ReplyDelete