Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happy Advent, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2012!

Merry Almost Christmas!


(source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OJ4R-4gLac&feature=related)


Blogging is something I need to dedicate more time to doing. It can be a very fruitful endeavor to share nice reflections and that was the reason I decided to start a blog. One "blogger" that is somewhat a hero of mine is Fr. John Hollowell. His blog, On This Rock, is something I visit regularly. Fr. Hollowell, a priest of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, is doing wonderful work as a priest. I have kind of asked him to be available to me this year as I began working at Guerin Catholic High School in July of 2011. He currently serves as Associate Pastor at Saint Malachy in Brownsburg and is a chaplain at Cardinal Ritter Jr./Sr. High School. He has a lot to share about Catholic High School ministry, the priesthood and the Church in general.

As for me, I have enjoyed working at Guerin Catholic High School. I am just about half a year into this ministry and people have been very gracious and willing to support me. The men and women I work with are so very dedicated to our wonderful vision statement at Guerin Catholic: Lead with Humility, Serve with Love and Trust in Providence. Things are also very exciting around here as we have begun construction on our new Academic Wing, which we hope and pray will be ready for the fall of 2012. I am thankful to be working with people who are teaching me many things about service, ministry and trusting in God's plans. His ways are always better than our ways. One person I am thankful for is our president Paul Lunsford. He shared a nice message recently in his Christmas Message. He has been a great example to me in my life from my days at Carmel High School and Our Lady of Mount Carmel. He is doing a fine job and has a lot on his shoulders with trying to raise money for our school. Please pray for him and for Guerin Catholic High School.

I hope and pray that your family, friends and you have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2012. You will be in my prayers and once again, I will try to blog a little bit more. I know that I have some reflections to share about my experiences as a priest serving our Church.

May God bless you and keep you as we once again welcome His Son into our lives and into our hearts,

Father Joshua M. Janko

No comments:

Post a Comment