Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Guerin Catholic High School Trimester 1 & Monumental Half Marathon for Vocations

Serve with Love - Lead with Humility - Trust in Providence!
[Vision Statement of Guerin Catholic High School]

This week wraps up our first trimester at Guerin Catholic High School for the 2011-2012 school year. I arrived at Guerin Catholic in July as the new Director for Catholic Mission. The last 4+ months have come and gone. So far, I have felt like I am becoming more used life working at a Catholic High School. Our Roman Catholic High School is such a wonderful place to minister as a priest. The kids here are incredible as are the faculty/staff/family members and friends who have all helped me to feel right at home. I have especially enjoyed getting to know the students (shout out to my Theology I class), celebrating the Sacraments, helping with our retreats, coaching cross country (great job this season) and attending all the other sporting events and performing arts events that I possibly can. It has been awesome! I also enjoy some of the conversations and meals I share with faculty members around the lunchroom table, teachers lounge and of course the "Los Torros" crew. CORN!!

I am also excited for Guerin Catholic High School's Open House on Sunday November 13th from 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM. Here is an information flyer about it:
This past weekend on November 5th, I ran a half marathon (13.1 mile) race in Indianapolis. The Monumental Marathon/Half Marathon event is one I had always heard great things about. I had hoped to run the full marathon, but that was not meant to be. So, I decided to run the half marathon after a good friend of mine named Hannah convinced me to do it. I am thankful I was able to finish the race. You can see how I did by clicking here. Also, after my race, I had the neat experience of seeing a few people I knew. That is always a good thing to see a familiar face or two after you run 13.1 miles! But, what was really funny was walking up to a lady who looked familiar to me. I went up to her as if I knew her, gave her a little hug and said hello like I had known her for 10 years. I talked to her for a brief minute and finally realized (she was holding a microphone and had a cameraman next to her) that she was a member of the Fox59 News Team. I told her I thought she was there to say hello to the runners and congratulate them, but she was actually covering the event. Boy did I feel like a dork. She asked for an interview and I shared a few thoughts about my race. You can watch my 3.5 seconds of fame right here.
Finally, I just wanted to say it is good to blog once again. I will certainly try to blog a little more regularly. I know I can do this if I put my mind to it. Thanks for reading and please be assured of my prayers. Pray for me too!

God bless you,
Fr. Janko

No comments:

Post a Comment